Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Second time was a blast



Last night I felted the blue/purple pot. Bowl? Whatever. I love the way it worked out. Some might want to know what it's 'for', but I don't really care at this point. I just want to look at it fondly and touch it occasionally. I think it is destined to be a long-owed present, though.

Then I knit another one. This is the same basic pattern, I just made it taller by knitting more rounds in between the increasing and decreasing sections. I used the other ball of Sean Sheep 'Armytage' that I bought on Sunday. In the ball I liked the colours of this one even more than the blue/greys one. But I'm not sure about how it has knit up. I'm afraid I might have killed it by putting it with the beige Cosy Wool. I didn't want to use another strong colour with it.

But I'm still eager to see how it comes out after felting, maybe the blend of colours will work after all.



In the bowl are some other upcoming candidates for felting: another new Sean Sheep, 'Stonehaven' 100% percent wool, 2 strands loosely plyed, many colours; an older Sean Sheep 'Wooloomooloo' 50% wool, 50% acrylic, plyed with a gold thread; a big 100gm ball of blue Cleckheaton Merino spun, 80% merino, 20% acrylic; and a ball of delicious Freedom Spirit ('Fire' colourway), 100% wool.

8 comments:

Djaughan Zelmonde said...

I LOVE the pot/bowl! It is so pudgy and cute.

I love the fact that I can see your kitchen (coffee machine) in the background....I MISS you!!!!

Anonymous said...

I miss you too - and your coffee and now I miss your pudgy lovable pot !!!

zjcroft said...

Great job, it is very cute, and gorgeous colours. I can think of many uses, or it can just be a decorative piece.

Denise said...

That has worked out so well! Looking forward to seeing how the second one turned out.

Cos of what you said about Sean Sheep yarns, I ventured into Big W today, and brought home (OK, I paid) 4 balls of Armytage in Ruby Twist - nice deep reds and purply browns. Will give a go at a felted bag or bowl or something, once I have more projects finished :)

Bells said...

Olivia, I have pottery that looks like that and it's my favourite pottery. That's a work of art!

luckylyn said...

hi, love your pot, did you design the pattern yourself?

Olivia said...

Luckylyn, yes I did. It's pretty simple, just knit in the round with regular increases and then decreases.

Thanks everyone for encouraging comments. I'm definitely doing more of these.

Rose Red said...

Hi Olivia - thanks for visiting my blog - I LOVE these felted pots - as Bells says, they are a work of art! I will have to keep felting and give these a go!