Monday, April 16, 2007

Now there's nothing unexpected about the water giving out

Before Stitch 'n' Bitch on Sunday, Kuka and I checked out the wool situation in Big W. They've got a few new types of yarn in their own brand Sean Sheep, and I grabbed a couple which looked promising for felting.


This little pot was definitely a little bit inspired by this gorgeous one, although that is made from a Cat Bordhi moebius pattern - I might have to put that book on the list.

It's made from Sean Sheep 'Armytage', a self striping 100% wool single, held together with one strand of purple Cosy Wool, knit on 8mm needles. The Armytage comes in some nice colour combos. I can see myself using it a lot, it's a good price for something so colourful ... just as long as it felts. Watch this space.



Hope (think) I can make that bottom flatten out.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liv, you're amazing. Love what you're doing with wool and felting. I get the sense you're on to something great here. love
Mamaci

Taphophile said...

That looks lovely - can't wait to see how it felts. Nice to know there's new items in the Sean Sheep range, too. Must go for a walk at lunchtime and check it out.

Bells said...

Oh another felted bowl! I'm sorry I didn't make it to SnB on Sunday. did you bring the other one along to show me since I asked? I wasn't able to go in the end.

I really want to make felted bowls. Need to get some tips from you soon.

Bertie Mabootoo said...

Land's not a word we have to shout...

Finally a lyric I know :)

Olivia said...

Bells, I brought it but can do so again. Let's talk felting next time. Maybe we could even have a little workshop together.

Denise said...

The bowl looks wonderful - I'm very keen to see how it turns out after felting. Also good to know that the Sean Sheep range has some 100% wool stuff now - must check it out again!

Olivia said...

So you should, Bertie! I'm shocked that you missed the one previous. Just shocked.

Bron said...

oooh it's pretty =)
Hope it works out with the felting!
=)

Bertie Mabootoo said...

I'm more NKOTB than Debbie Gibson :)

catsmum said...

ohhhhhhhhh dear
in the spirit of Knit From Your Stash 07, I have been staying away from the wool department at BigW and all the Sean Sheep stuff
and then this
you HAD to go show me that there was a new range, didn't you? you had to flaunt that Arymtage, and in my favourite colours,and what's more you had to show me how nicely it felts.
oh bugger
I'm a 100 km round trip away from the nearest Bigw but do you think that's going to stop me?
not a bloody chance :]