Monday, February 28, 2011
This won't come as a big surprise after my previous post - I knitted a cushion cover. It's something I have always wanted to do, and resisted doing for my own house as one or other of the dogs would be likely to pull threads and make a mess of it when they occasionally need to 'reorganise' the couch to achieve their preferred seating arrangements. (Yeah, the dogs are allowed on the couch. They are useful in winter, that's for sure - though unfortunately this household is only rated for a two-dog night.)
The wool is probably Cleckheaton Country Silk - I got it, unlabelled, in one of those bargain packs from Lincraft. I think it was seconds as the colour was weird, it seemed to vary between slightly pinker and slightly purpler shades. I actually liked this subtle effect, and I knit with two strands together which helped it blend too. I made this up as I went along - knit a large rectangle flat (I did think about doing it in the round - but I was half done by then). It's possible that a bit of planning/research might have resulted in a neater closure. It is slightly weird the way the two edge buttons (there are actually four across the back) are out on the sides. Luckily my loved ones are accustomed to receiving 'prototypes' from me.