Thursday, February 10, 2011

Now I want purple carpet too

IMG_5287
These photos are old now (from my trip to see the Sydney Biennale with my mum and sister in June last year) but I still really wanted to share them.
IMG_5264
There was one large installation in the Concert Hall Northern Foyer of the Opera House, and it was such a pleasant environment we lounged around for a while. One of the staff told us the purple carpet was part of the installation. The piece was Julia Morison's Myriorama #7: Network.

I spent some time with the art but also enjoyed the whole complex space.
IMG_5268

IMG_5277

IMG_5288
It would probably be an amazing space even if it didn't loom out over magnificent Sydney Harbour. But it does.
IMG_5270

2 comments:

Donna Lee said...

What a wonderfully bright and airy space. I love the purple carpet and the way the sun comes in through the windows.

Anonymous said...

thats got to be one of the best spots in the entire city i reckon. i love the carpet too! great photos.