Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pear brooch

brooch front
I mentioned before that making pears small enough for 1/12 scale was a challenge. With some practice I was able to gauge just the right amount of wool to roll into the right-sized bead; but to get to that point I first made a few pear-shaped beads that were a bit too big.
brooch angle
These three were all about the same size so I gave them the finishing touches and made them into a brooch to wear to the opening. I sliced part of their backs off so there would be a good flat surface there, and used my new hot glue gun to stick them to the backing (a piece of plastic cut from an ice cream container, covered in black fabric).
pear broochbrooch bottom

9 comments:

2paw said...

That is such a cute brooch!

Anonymous said...

And I'm now the lucky lucky owner :) Thank you so much Liv. ily ma

Michelle said...

Brilliant! And aren't hot glue guns the greatest? I love mine.

Alwen said...

Awww, those are so weensy!

Taphophile said...

Like three pears in a pod. :) Ingenious.

Emma said...

Lovely brooch! I can't believe those pears are the *big* ones.

Donna Lee said...

That is so cute. I like the little fuzzy pears.

NessaKnits said...

Now imagine them as peas in a pod, felted and on a brooch ....

Anonymous said...

I saw these today and it reminded me of your stuff so i thought i'd pop over and see what's new here. http://evencleveland.blogspot.com/2008/11/nuts.html
I love this brooch. Good to see you're still pearing it up. I still love my 'urchin?' bowl btw.
Joh S