Wednesday, August 11, 2010

opening tomorrow....

Call-of-the-Small-flier-ver
The Call of the Small exhibition opens tomorrow night at Craft ACT, along with two other exhibitions. Curator Anna-Maria Sviatko had the brilliant idea of using the unusual Crucible showcase to create a craft exhibition in miniature. (if you're curious there is a picture of the crucible space - basically two large window spaces - here.)

Many of the artists and artisans invited to participate had not worked in 1/12 scale before. It was a challenge for me, and I'm happy with what I came up with, though of course I also wish I could have done more, and better, and smaller and finer, and...well, you never can be completely satisfied with your work. It will be fantastic to see the whole thing come together, having seen a few hints over here.
mini pods callmini pears call of the small

4 comments:

NessaKnits said...

Those pears look delicious.

DrK said...

yay! of course your stuff is just gorgeous, what a great idea.

Anonymous said...

fabulous exhibition. You're a star Liv. ily ma
ps Go to it, everyone :)

Donna Lee said...

What a great poster. I can't wait to see some photos from the exhibit. What a great idea.

And I'd bet the pears are a big hit.