Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Daily grind

felty desk

It's a drab, cold week and during the day I am wishing I was at home making things instead of at work. I keep a few reminders around me. Sometimes there are some pears around my workstation too.

Almost two years ago I sent Donna Lee a felted pot and she's since said that she keeps it on her desk at work, which I think is where I got the idea.

Two of these could perhaps be called 'seconds' - the blue tray is not firmly felted (one of the strands of yarn was not very willing) and the beigy one was a bit bland on its own. It was part of this set - I made four in order to pick the three that worked best, and this was the one that didn't make it.


Bells said...

Mine is my beloved stitch marker receptacle!

Michelle said...

I love that you are surrounding yourself with your creations at work!

dr k said...

oh what a great idea. knitted goodies on the desk. i might have to custom order some more!

Donna Lee said...

You wouldn't believe how many people pick up the pod and look at it and ask what it's made of. I love telling people it's knitted. They already think I'm a little weird.