Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wait in that corner until that breeze blows in

I may have had some odd interactions at times with people in my search for 'good pear colours', but two clever spotters did me proud recently.

good pear colours

These are both Paton's Jet, colourways that apparently never made it to production. Yum.

And here is some daggy, functional crafting for the new house - plastic bag dispensers. No pattern for these, I just used my biggest crochet hook, made a base circle leaving a hole to pull the bags through, then just kept double crocheting (I think?) around in a spiral until it seemed long enough. Both are made from a chunky wool hand dyed by Happyspider. They were pretty quick, the smaller one took a couple of hours for a not at all regular crocheter.
bagbags

The smaller one is full of recycled bread bags - various family members keep these for me and we use them to clean up after the dogs on our walks. The bigger one is full of supermarket plastic bags - I hope we have finally stopped acquiring these but there are enough miscellaneous bags around to keep this dispenser going for a while.

3 comments:

Bells said...

i love the daggy functional crafting. One of the best thing I ever made early on was a plastic bag holder. I adore it even now!

Philosophical Karen said...

Ooh, that Patons Jet looks nice. I've never seen it before. I don't think we have it over here. :(

Alwen said...

Oh, I am going to reach through the internet and steeeeeal that dark skein!