Saturday, August 16, 2008

You never stop dancing, you don't make much sense

Bryher modelled
My scarf! Mine mine mine. The pattern is the Bryher cable scarf again. The yarn is Cleckheaton Country Naturals 8ply in a lovely dark blue. The photo below is probably the most colour-accurate.
Bryher flat
The yarn seemed drapey and soft, but I worried that I was forcing it to be chunky and stiff by knitting it double stranded on 6.5mm needles. I thought about going up a size but decided to trust the blocking. And it worked, once washed and dried the scarf became softer and drapier just like I had hoped. I completely used 2 balls and it is only just the right length.
Bryher blue
The buttons are a pair of very special wooden beads which have been waiting for just the right project. My sister sent them to me a few years ago and I have always loved them.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love it! Just beautiful. I think that colour blue really suits you.

Trudi said...

Gorgeous. You are very clever. Isn't it nice to knit with? I used the same colour for the mistake rib scarf I made for my neighbour.

Donna Lee said...

It looks quite cozy and soft. And great buttons. I never paid much attention to buttons but you have gotten me into the habit of looking at them in the stores and at flea markets.