Friday, January 04, 2008

Fiddling about with colour

One of the things I am loving about felting is the blending or mixing of colours. Let's get the disclaimers out of the way - I am no colour expert. Also, not all of these photos were taken in the same light. But I hope they are close enough to true that you can get the general idea.

I especially love playing with a variegated or striped colourway, and adding other colours to it, like my early pods with Sean Sheep Armytage, and the recent trays with Happy Spider's Sour Raspberry.



These two trays were both made with the sour raspberry wool above.



The one on the left, combined with this blue.


And the one on the right with this soft green.





Since then I've made a semi-matching set of pod and tray (yes I did it, Donna Lee). The tray above, with the sour raspberry combined this time with a dark bright pink.



And the pod with this darker green and a stripe of the pink as well.


Those last two are still soggy in a bucket, half-felted (off to do that now). Finished pictures to come soon, I hope.

4 comments:

Bron said...

1) I really love your combination of colours on these ones =)
2) I still can't believe I was ID-ed to get into my home, or that the security woman was so surprised that a pedestrian wouldn't carry a parking permit with them!
3) Did you do a clapotis in zhivago? I'm thinking about using flinders and wondering if you think it has sufficient block in it?
4) I should probably have sent an email - who knew I had so much to say! hehe
xo

Alwen said...

I'm really liking that dark bright pink on a cold and snowy morning! Can't wait to see how they come out.

DrK said...

you look like a colour expert to me! i am thinking they will look lov-erly

Donna Lee said...

Woot! Can't wait to see the set. I love the pink color, so cheerful.