Saturday, January 12, 2008

the smiles returning to the faces


Oh, this text-and-photos combo is such a limited medium. I wish I could share with you how perfect this pod feels in my hands. I think it is my favourite ever. I felted it twice because it seemed a little slow going the first time, or maybe I was lacking in stamina, either way, both pieces needed a second go. And with that treatment the pod in particular came out quite firm, small and delightful.

I am really loving that green with the sour raspberry pinks and blues. See how different the overall result is between the pod and the tray? Well, I like it that way. I never could wear matching earrings and necklace either.
And the dark pink stuff, Cleckheaton Merino Spun, makes these fantastic little bobbles in the felted fabric, because it is 20% acrylic.

The shop move is done, they opened on Thursday. I worked a lot of hours and had a wiggy dreams invading my overtired sleep for a few nights there. But it looks great and was all worth it. If you're in Canberra, have a sticky beak. Garema Place between Redpath and Bargain Books.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The colour combinations and blends are beautiful. Write that book clever one! Your excitement is infectious. love you Ma

Djaughan Zelmonde said...

Are you giving away those pieces - coz if you are I definitely want to see them before you do, and have a go at holding the pod!!

Bron said...

they are gorgeous!
I walked past the shop on Thursday late afternoon/evening and it looked like there were heaps of people in there =)
I'd love to borrow the original Hairspray - I had been keeping an eye out for it =)

Taphophile said...

Love the colour contrasts. The raspberry is so vibrant.

Glad the move went well. Will definitely check it out next time I'm in town.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to check out the shop today and get my Buffy comics!

If you are coming to SnB tonight, can you bring the pods?

Anonymous said...

it looks very round and comforting Livvy and i do like those colours together.

I would like to try felting the alphabet with you. How do you think a 'w' would go?

Donna Lee said...

I am not one for matching things either. I love the contrast in the colors. Enjoy your new digs.