Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Backwards and forwards with my heart hanging out

The Amazing Human Body exhibition was like nothing I ever thought I would see. Definitely educational, and a new perspective on the body, its fragility, and its weirdness. I now have a better idea of what I look like on the inside (Actually almost all the specimens were men but that is another story for when it's not so late at night already). So we spent a few hours there and learned some stuff. Later, we discovered some further scientific information at the pub. (We all thought it was very brave of K to actually take a photo in the men's loos.)

We stayed with friends who have just moved to an awesome apartment in Surrey Hills. They are on the 10th floor (pretty good views) but these photos were taken from the roof.



This funky little block of apartments sits on top of a neighbouring building. Total fishbowl, but no one is up there looking.

For the record, I did not go to either of the Elizabeth's bookstores in the city. I did, purely by chance, walk past one in the wee hours of Sunday morning. In Perth they seemed to be open late, but I guess not that late. We also drove past both IKEA stores (another Perth shopping experience) but did not have anywhere near the energy you need for the place like that. Next time.

No comments: