Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Womadelaide 2014, some of Sunday's music

331 Living room
I must admit I didn't see their whole act but I stayed a while (probably some delicious food was calling me) to grab these photos of The Living Room, from Austria, a duo using some unconventional instruments: Manu Delago plays the hang (tuned metallic 'flying saucers), and Christoph Pepe Auer, along with bass clarinet, plays his own woodwind 'Pepephon'
327 Living room

315 dancing
I loved watching these dancers enjoying themselves during Red Baraat's set. It was quite hot, why not take the sleeves off your suit and still look smart? Don't examine these photos too closely though, because the wrong people are actually in focus...oops. 
313 dancers


252 coloured stone

And I really enjoyed the wonderful Coloured Stone who have been around for 35 years - I had seen Bunna Lawrie and Coloured Stone at festivals on NITV (our newish Indigenous-focused channel) and was delighted to see them live.
256 coloured stone

262 coloured stone

273 coloured stone

274 Bunna Lawrie

277 coloured stone
And the drummer was Rob Hirst from Midnight Oil. He was having So. Much. Fun. And he also looked like he might have gotten quite a bit of sun during the day.
281 rob hirst

1 comment:

Taphophile said...

I do enjoy these posts and love how well you capture movement in your photographs.