Saturday, November 17, 2012

Blogs I love

Wow! Thank you so much for your response to my last post, I am having a great time checking out your suggestions. I think it's only fair that I should also highlight a few sites that I love.

I don't really respond to many 'design' blogs, but I never get sick of the clever repurposing projects highlighted in Unconsumption.

This is another one I power through every now and then (it used to be Craftzine but then it was rolled into big brother Makezine). There is a lot of content so I usually just scroll through fairly quickly 'til something catches my eye. Quite a few of my past Christmas present ideas were inspired by something from Craft.

Sara Aires does beautiful things with felt and crochet. I can't understand a word of her posts, but I love her work. Same goes for doll stories by artist Neta Amir of Israel, and a long time favourite of mine, Ann Wood.

Since I found them in London last year, I like keeping up with Prick Your Finger's take on the woolly fibre arts. The post about the Shamanic Bed was a recent standout.

I also keep an eye on a few fashion/style blogs - some for direct inspiration and others just because they are completely marvellous, like Desiree at Pull your socks up.

No comments: