Wednesday, April 18, 2012
This hour has gone around
This is Hoot Cardigan by Brenna Kotar.
I absolutely loved making this cardie:
- (Of course) the owl cable
- and the i-cord cast on - fiddly but worth it
- I did a good bit of the knitting of this over Easter, at the National Folk Festival. Good times!
- I added shaping to the sleeves because I preferred it that way
- I wish I had placed the buttonholes one stitch further in from the edge, I don't think they look right.
- The wool was lovely to use. I made it in an 8ply, Bendigo Woollen Mills Highlands, instead of the worsted weight it is written for. But a top-down raglan is easy to knit to whatever size you need.
- The wool had no label - it was given to me - and I only worked out after I finished that it had to be hand washed. Normally I would choose machine washable for a baby gift.
- I think I could have made it a little bit longer for this boy. (He started out so small but has grown magnificently.)