Sunday, September 12, 2010

If it sits still long enough...

camera case
A new camera case for K's new camera. I managed to make and felt a swatch, and knit and felt the case itself, all in one day. No time to mess around with colourwork or embroidery so I used self striping wool (Cleckheaton Vintage Twist).
case open
It's very simple. I wanted it to be minimalist and streamlined (but wow, check out this very different, very cool camera case). There is no button, the strap just feeds through a hole on the other side to hold it closed. The strap is much longer than I intended - I used garter stitch so that it wouldn't curl, and I didn't realise that the fabric would stretch out before it felted. I don't think this always happens with garter stitch, I think it was because it was very narrow.
case closed

4 comments:

Michelle said...

When something is beautiful AND practical like this, it's like all the stars have aligned!

2paw said...

Oh that is lovely!!

twitchy fingers said...

I love that the handle is the closing mechanism - brilliant!

Donna Lee said...

That is a cool case! I like the way it closes. No way for a button or other closing to fall off.