Thursday, May 27, 2010
I have saved all my ribbons
For mother's day (a bit late) I made Mum a face washer using a stitch pattern called "Slate pattern" from an old Mon Tricot book. It's not exactly a reversible stitch, but the 'wrong' side looks ok. (oops, no photo though).
She saw that when it was in progress, so I added a surprise - a set of buttons covered in knitted Noro Silk Garden lite. I think these are an improvement on the earlier ones I made, because I switched to smaller needles for the knitting.
I tried using a covered button kit, but even knit with smaller needles, the fabric is still too thick. So I just found eight matching (in shape and size, not colour) buttons in the stash, and covered them by running a thread around the outside of the (vaguely circular) piece of knitted fabric and pulling it tight to hold it on the button.