Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I just stood there whistling

E felt beads

This is my sister's necklace which I mentioned the other day, made from a combination of the felted beads I made for her for Christmas last year, and some wooden beads she had from another necklace. The two types of beads actually work together really well - I think this photo makes them look more different in colour than they look in real life. And because it is threaded on ribbon - she has done this with a few bead necklaces - she can tie it to whatever length works on the day.

3 comments:

Donna Lee said...

That looks amazing. The different textures work so well together. It makes me want to touch them.

m1k1 said...

The ribbon idea - simple and brilliant.
Love the beads.

DrK said...

what a great idea! the different beads and the ribbon! means it doesnt get caught on long hair either. very clever!