Wednesday, April 21, 2004

So many movies! So little time!

Mum, Dad, Emma and Luke got me a fantastic birthday present - '1001 movies you must see before you die'. This was Dad's idea and he deserves a bucketload of kudos for it.

It is a beautiful book just to flick through, with lovely thick glossy paper that smells good, and photos for almost every movie. It is organised chronologically which is great for browsing, and has alphabetical indexes by title, director, and genre. I love it. I especially like that it doesn't claim to be the definitive 'best movies'. I already knew that there are a lot of movies I want to see. Now I have a much bigger list! I think I should try to have some sort of system - one movie a week? (including cinema and dvd).

Today's CDs:
1. Eagles of Death Metal, Peace Love Death Metal
2. Pixies, Doolittle
3. Nirvana, Unplugged in New York

I've enjoyed them all so much I think I'll let them run through the CD player again.

No comments: