Friday, October 28, 2005

So, what is the connection between Apple and Scientology? I'm glad you asked

This one's for Mr Mabootoo.

Found in Bunda Street today, though by the looks of it, it may have been there for a while. I walk that way most days but I can be pretty unobservant. Luckily I had the camera out in my hand (it's always in my bag), which tends to change all that.

From across the road the Apple logo shape was pretty convincing - at least at first glance - then I had a closer look:

It's a collage made of Scientology leaflets. The Scientologists have a big tent set up in Garema Place this week, and I was kind of surprised to see some people in there apparently succumbing to the "free personality tests" et al. I don't know if the timing of this art was deliberate - hard to even guess, given that I don't know how long it's been there.

So, you want to know what it's all about? There was an artist statement right beside it.

No comments: